Trillanes vows to face latest suit

Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter

Opposition Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV on Friday vowed to face the grave threat charges lodged against him by Labor Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras over a verbal spat last year.

Earlier, the Pasay Prosecutor’s Office indicted Trillanes before the Metropolitan Trial Court after a probable cause was established during preliminary investigation.

Branch 47 Presiding Judge Joeven Dellosa has set the case for arraignment and preliminary conference on February 15 at 8:30am.

In a six-page complaint, Paras said Trillanes told him “yayariin kita” on the sidelines of a Senate hearing.

“Bigla na lang akong nilapitan ni Trillanes and he raised his hand pointing to me in a form of parang dinuduro niya ako. Sabi niya, ‘Yayariin kita. Ang lakas ng loob mo! Yung Presidente mo matatapos din yan at yayariin kita,'” Paras said.

“Sabi ko, ‘Mr. Senator, karapatan ko pong mag-file ng kaso, in the same way that you filed a case versus the President,” he added.

The senator has denied the allegation.

Copyright © 2019 Abogado - Latest News in the Philippines