Tiba-tiba pa! Bar topnotchers Manuel of UST, Rojas of PUP are P100K richer
Landing in the Top 10 of the Bar examinations is priceless but having a six-digit bonus money to go with it just makes it even sweeter.
Former Chief Justice Artemio Panganiban revealed that sixth placer Kenneth Glenn Manuel (University of Santo Tomas), and ninth placer Jun Dexter Rojas (Polytechnic University of the Philippines) would be getting a windfall from the Foundation for Liberty and Prosperity (FLP) and Tan Yan Kee Foundation (owned by bilyonaryo Lucio Tan) for their achievement.
“The two toppers will be granted P100,000 each in addition to the yearly P200,000 scholarships they already received, divided into P100,000 for tuition, P20,000 for books and P80,000 in stipends,” said Panganiban in a column in the Inquirer. Other foundation scholars who passed the 2019 Bar exams are:
*Leo Francis Abot (Ateneo de Manila University)
* John Anthony Almerino (University San Carlos)
* Micah Celine Carpio (De La Salle University)
* Arvin Paolo Cortez (Ateneo de Manila University)
* Mikael Gabrielle Ilao (University of Cordilleras)
* Alimar Mohammad Malabad (San Beda University Manila)
* King Anthony Perez (Universty of Cebu)
* Ma. Vida Malaya Villarico (Polytechnic University of the Philippines)
* Dion Caesar Pascua (San Beda University Manila)
* Tess Marie Tan (University San Carlos)
* Julienne Therese Salvacion (San Beda University Manila)