SC to make an announcement this afternoon
The Supreme Court will make an announcement this afternoon, Monday, March 16, as Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta met with the task force created to address the concerns of the judiciary due to the conoravirus outbreak in the country.
The high court announcement is expected at 1 pm.
In Memorandum Order 26-2020, the SC appointed Court Administrator Jose Midas Marquez as the chairperson of the task force with Clerk of Court Edgar Aricheta as vice chairperson.
The functions and duties of the task force include:
1. Immediately address concerns of the judiciary and issue directives as the need arises, if authorized within its level;
2. Recommend actions to be taken, guidelines and policies to the Chief Justice and the Court en banc to prevent the spread and minimize the threat of Covid19;
3. Monitor the conditions of justices, judges, court officials, personnel, and workplaces to avert the spread and threat of Covid-19 in courtrooms, halls of justice, and offices;
4. Identify necessary resource requirements for the implementation of said guidelines and policies;
5. Monitor issuances of the Executive and Legislative Departments to harmonize actions of the Judiciary;
6. Identify gaps in the implementation of said guidelines and policies and recommend corrective measures;
7. Prepare status reports for submission to the Chief Justice and the Court en banc; and
8. Act on any and all directives the Chief Justice and the Court en banc may issue.
The other members of the task force are Deputy Court Administrator Raul B. Villanueva; Deputy Court Administrator for Visayas Jenny Lind Aldecoa-Delorino; Deputy Court Administrator for Mindanao Leo T. Madrazo; Deputy Clerk of Court and Chief Administrative Officer Atty. Maria Carina M. Cunanan; Assistant Court Administrator and Public Information Office chief Atty. Brian Keith F. Hosaka; Court of Appeals Clerk of Court Atty. Anita S. Jamerlan-Rey; Sandiganbayan Clerk of Court Atty. Ma. Teresa S. Pabulayan; Court of Tax Appeals Clerk of Court Atty. Danilo B. Fernando Clerk of Court; and Chief Justice Staff Head Atty. Ralph Jerome D. Salvador.
Likewise appointed were Atty. Megan Daphne Musni as task force secretary and Hannah Matti Espinosa and Justin Zodimo Mendoza as assistant secretaries.