OFW killed in Kuwait was sexually abused – Guevarra

Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter

Jeanelyn Villavende, the overseas Filipino worker (OFW) killed by her employers in oil-rich Kuwait, was sexually abused.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra confirmed this on Sunday as he cited the autopsy report by the National Bureau of Investigation on the victim’s remains.

“The body of OFW Villavende was autopsied by the chief of the NBI medico-legal division, DR. Ricardo Rodaje, on 10 January 2020 in Cotabato, near the deceased’s residence. There were clear indications of sexual abuse,” Guevarra said in a message to reporters.

Earlier, Rodaje was quoted to have said that the NBI have taken samples from the victim to confirm a suspected sexual abuse.

He said they took oral swabs for possible oral sex, anal swabs for sodomy and vaginal swabs for possible rape.

Rodaje added that some of the victim’s internal organs were missing, including the brain.

Also, Guevarra continued that there were old, healed wounds all over Villavende’s body which ndicated that she had been battered weeks prior to her death.

“A formal report will be submitted to me by the NBI tomorrow (Monday), Guevarra said.

An embalming certificate released by the Kuwait’s Ministry of Health has confirmed that Villavende was killed on December 28, 2019. She died of “acute failure of heart and respiration” as a result of shock and multiple injuries in the vascular nervous system. She was 26.

Filipino officials informed her family about her death on December 30 that year. The news shocked the family, who had not talked to her in two months since her Kuwaiti employer would not allow her to take calls.

The Kuwaiti couple that employed Jeanelyn had been detained in connection with her death.

Copyright © 2020 Abogado - Latest News in the Philippines