Duterte suspends 14 government officials, including 8 abogados, pending corruption probe
President Duterte has suspended 14 government officials, including eight abogados, pending the Ombudsman’s investigation of their corruption in their respective agencies.
In a media interview, Duterte identified the corrupt officials:
1) Atty. Ambrosi Basman
2) Atty. Rohani Basman
3) Atty. Samina Sanpaco Macabando Gusman, Department of Justice prosecutor
4) Inquest Prosecutor Clemente Villanueva
5) Assistant Prosecutor Lorenzo dela Cruz
6) Amelkir Macabando, ex-mayor of Marawi City
7) Justice Assistant Secretary Moslemen Macarambon Sr.
8) Pasay Prosecutors Office OIC Benjamin B. Lanto.
9) Ninoy Aquino International Airport Customs district collector Ramon Anquilan
10) NAIA Director of the Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service Adzhar Albani
11) CIIS head Butch Ledesma
12) Customs operations officer Lomontod Macabando
13) Public Works Assistant Secretary Tingagun Ampaso Umpa;
14) Amisa Lumontod
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque had previously announced that Macarambon and Umpa have been asked to resign or they would be fired by the President.
Duterte said the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission compiled the corruption allegations against the 14 but he preferred the Ombudsman to take over their cases and prosecute them.