DOJ to start probing Bikoy’s estafa case
The Department of Justice will formally start next week the preliminary investigation into the estafa case filed against Peter Joemel Advincula alias ‘Bikoy’ who was accused of not paying pageant winners their prizes, including the salaries of staff, in a beauty competition in Polanqui, Albay last year.
In a complaint-affidavit, Arven E. Valmores of Ardeur World Marketing also accused Advincula of using his company’s name and logo for the promotion of the pageant – “Miss Scenti Essencia Ambassadress 2018″ – without his consent.
“Respondent never attended the coronation night and became unreachable thereafter leaving all the members of the production staff unpaid,” he said in the complaint.
Valmores disclosed that he was forced to pay Advincula’s obligation to winners and staff amounting to P304, 422.00 out of his own pocket.
He said Advincula could not be reached since mid-2018, but he decided to file the complaint when the latter suddenly surfaced at the Integrated Bar of the Philippines on May 6 to publicize the threats to his life after he linked President Rodrigo Duterte’s family and allies to the illegal drug trade in video series “Ang Totoong Narco List.”