Delicadeza daw: Gadon urges Sotto, Pacquiao, 7 other senators to inhibit in debates, voting on ABS-CBN franchise
Abogado Larry Gadon is asking Senate President Tito Sotto, Manny Pacquiao and seven other senators not to take part in the debate or voting of the proposed temporary franchise for ABS-CBN Corp. Gadon said these senators or their relatives have interests with ABS-CBN as stockholder , talent , producer, and other interests in its television, radio and cable programs.
The nine senators are:
1. Kiko Pangilinan – Spouse Sharon Cuneta is stockholder and talent of ABS-CBN, including movies that earn her fees and royalties
2. Pia Cayetano – The law office Cayetano Sebastian is one of the law offices retained by ABS CBN. Sebastian is her husband of Pia Cayetano. Her father, the late Senator Rene Cayetano, had a long running television and radio show “Compañero y Compañera” on ABS-CBN.
3. Manny Paquiao – Receives fees and royalties from boxing fights and he used to have a TV show on ABS-CBN.
4. Lito Lapid – Stockholder and talent, including a major role the top rating “Probinsyano” teleserye.
5. Grace Poe – producer of TV show at ABS-CBN. Her mother, Susan Roces, is a talent. Her father’s, the late Fernando Poe Jr., has movies that earn royalties from the media giant.
6. Bong Revilla – ABS-CBN talent and receives royalties from his movies.
7. Sonny Angara – His wife, Tootsie, is a top executive of ABS-CBN.
8. Ralph Recto – His wife, Vilma Santos, has TV shows on ABS-CBN. Santos’ son, Luis Manzano, hosts a TV show.
9. Tito Sotto – Host of noontime show, “Eat Bulaga” which used to air on Channel 2. Cuneta is the niece of his wife, Helen Gamboa. He and his brother, Vic Sotto, have movies shown on ABS CBN.
“The pecuniary interest or benefits of all of the above are of undeniable public knowledge and need not be proven any further . It is not only for possible criminal and administrative prosecution for graft that should motivate them from inhibiting but for the time honored principle of DELICADEZA that they should heed this humble request and suggestion,” said Gadon.