Jul 29, 2020 @ 23:14
CJ Peralta barely beats Perlas-Bernabe as SC’s highest paid in 2019; Reyes biggest gainer
Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta is the highest paid High Court magistrate in 2019 but just barely.
Peralta, who was appointed CJ in October 2019, received P10.368 million in salaries and allowances in 2019, the 13th highest among all government officials according to the Commission on Audit.
Peralta, who has been Justice since 2009, saw his paycheck increase by 26 percent in 2019 from P8.2 million in 2018.
The University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Civil Law alumnus barely edged Associate Justice Estela Perlas Bernabe who earned P10.29 million in 2019, up 43 percent from P7.182 million in 2018.
In third place is Associate Justice Marvic Leonen with P9.208 million, up 43 percent from P6.42 million in 2018.
The biggest gainer among the magistrates is Associate Justice Jose Reyes Jr. with P9.161 million, up 86 percent from P4.912 million in 2018.
Here are the SC’s top earners in 2019 and their ranking among government officials:
* Diosdado Peralta P10.368 million (No. 13)
* Estela Perlas Bernabe P10.29 million (No. 16)
* Andres Reyes Jr. P9.473 million (No. 22) retired May 2019
* Mariano Del Castillo P9.318 million (No.26) retired July 2019
* Marvic Leonen P9.208 million
* Jose Reyes Jr. P9.161 million (No. 30)
* Ramon Paul Hernando P8.677 million (No. 39)
* Rosmari Carandang P8.52 million (No. 41)
* Lucas Bersamin P8.413 million (No. 43) retired October 2019
* Alexander Gesmundo P8.389 million (No. 44) No. 51 P5.97 million
*Antonio Carpio P8.272 million (No. 45) retired October 2019
* Alfredo Caguioa P8.112 million (No. 46)
* Amy Lazaro Javier P7.098 million (No. 61)
* Henri Jean Paul Inting P6.939 million (No. 65)
* Jose Midas Marquez P6.876 million (No. 66) court administrator
* Francis Jardaleza P6.336 million (No. 74) retired September 2019
* Rodil Zalameda P5.513 million (No. 108)
* Edgardo Delos Santos P5.301 million (No. 132)
* Edgar Aricheta P5.272 million (No. 135) clerk of court
* Mario Lopez P5.168 million (No. 146)