BI on alert over Kapa officials travel plans, but still no hold order on Apolinario, leaders
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Tuesday said it has not received any order barring officials of Kapa Community Ministry International Inc. from leaving the country.
“We have yet to receive an order for their inclusion in our derogatory records,” Dana Sandoval, BI spokesperson, said in a text message
She, however, noted that all ports in the country have been informed to monitor the possible departures of officials of the group, which is reportedly engaged in illegal investment schemes.
“However, as a proactive measure, we have informed all ports to monitor the possible departure of Kapa officials,” the BI official added.
It was reported that the house of Kapa’s founder Pastor Joel Apolinario has been raided by authorities.
The raid came after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered a crackdown against operators of various “pyramiding” investment schemes that have been proliferating in many parts of the country.
Kapa or Kabus Padatoon (enriching the poor), a registered religious group, was earlier flagged by the Securities and Exchange Commission for supposedly soliciting investments in the form of donations and at a monthly interest rate of 30 percent.
It was Pastor Apollo Quiboloy who informed President Duterte about Apolinario’s group in a televised interview last week. (PNA)